Global Market Access: Key Events in 2018
The global market access landscape for pharmaceuticals continued its evolution in 2018 as countries across the globe sought to balance the need for expanding access to therapies against financial constraints domestically.
In retrospect, 2018 brought a mixed bag for industry, driven by the evolving role of HTA and pharmacoeconomics, updates to national drug lists, rising attention to the orphan drug pipeline, and efforts to expedite access to therapies treating serious conditions. Although many of these events and trends should present significant opportunities for growth, others threaten to erect new hurdles for biopharmaceutical companies in 2019 and beyond.
Expert analysts from Decision Resource Group’s Global Access team culled through over 70 market access events across six continents to identify the top 20 that will have the greatest impact on the industry.
This Executive Briefing, a follow-up to our 2017 Key Events EB, outlines the events and potential consequences that health economists, market access professionals, and teams throughout biopharma companies need to consider when planning their global and local strategies in order to optimize patient access to drugs and secure positive return on investment.
Download this executive briefing to better understand:
- What geographies made positive steps to improve market access for pharmaceuticals?
- How is health technology assessment developing in various countries and regions?
- Which countries are revamping their market authorization processes to streamline and optimize access?
- How are countries seeking to rein in drug spending and pricing?
- What do various trends mean for pharmaceutical companies in 2019 and beyond?