Updated Effective: May 2018
At Decision Resources Group (which includes DR/Decision Resources LLC, Decision Resources, Inc., Millennium Research Group, Inc., Sigmatic Limited, and DRG Singapore Pte Ltd., and all of its subsidiaries, group companies, affiliates, and directors, employees , assigns, and successors), we take your privacy very seriously, and are committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Notice sets out the way in which Decision Resources Group collects, uses, discloses, transfers, and stores your personal data when you use our website or other digital platforms.
You are advised to carefully read the Privacy Notice before using this website.
Please note, our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of every other website / digital platform that you visit.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal data is information that may be used to identify or contact a single living person (including but not limited to name, address, e-mail address, user name, telephone number, age, date of birth, gender, education qualifications, posts and other content you may submit to our websites or portals, and may include sensitive information such as information relating to your health, medical complaints and treatments).
All personal data that we collect about you will be, where applicable, recorded, used, and protected by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and this Privacy Notice. We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organizations, for example, our sponsors and partners. Please note, if you do not choose to provide us with the requested personal data, we may be unable to offer you our products or services.
In broad terms, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide access, information, products, and/or services, including subscriptions, you request or for which you have expressed an interest;
- for learning content/initiatives, this may include registering for your membership and/or learning course; resetting passwords; and providing progress or completion status for a course or a quiz, certification enrollment, certifications earned and/or expired, new learning material, learning content updates, learning surveys, information about events, and other similar purposes necessary to administer and provide learning content/initiatives.
- to communicate with you, if any products or services you have requested are unavailable, or have been updated;
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes;
- for record keeping purposes;
- to carry out market research, so that we may improve the products and services we offer;
- to track and record your activity on our digital platforms;
- to review your survey responses;
- to share your activity with the organization who registered, sponsored, or is associated with your online account or subscription;
- to create an individual profile for you, so that we may understand and respect your preferences;
- to personalize and improve your experience on our digital platforms;
- to personalize and/or tailor any communications, advertisements, and/or requests for feedback and input that we may send or share with you;
- to process your application for employment; and
- for profiling purposes, to enable us to personalize and/or tailor any marketing communications or learning content/initiatives that you may consent to receive from us.
When we provide you with products or services, we may collect and store any personal data that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address, telephone number, and payment card details.
When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications and/or learning content/initiatives from us (and/or our group companies), fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal data, we may collect and store any personal data that you provide to us, and may use it to personalize and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us and/or may be of interest based on your activity on our digital platforms, and carry out profiling and market research.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how you use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform, and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used;
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and operating system;
- your journey through our digital platforms, including log-ins, which links you click on, any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, page views and/or loads, downloads, and other page interaction information, including but not limited to metrics regarding your journey;
- what content you like or share;
- which advertisements you viewed and those advertisements to which you responded;
- which pop-up or push messages you viewed and to which you responded;
- your subscription status;
- information collected in any forms you complete; and
- for learning content/initiatives, we may also collect additional information:
- quiz responses; success status (pass/fail); learner score; time spent on course; course progress; completion status; video/audio views; time on video and audio; downloads; click paths while on learning; search queries; chat responses; survey responses; device type; browser used; login history; learning activity statements; eCommerce transactions; and Google analytics data.
We may also infer your country or location from the IP address you use to access our digital platforms and we may analyze which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms (e.g., downloading the app).
- to administer and provide access, information, products, and/or services, including subscriptions, you request or for which you have expressed an interest;
2. Offers and Opportunities from Us and Our Group Companies
We want you to be the first to know about new products and services, and occasional offers from our partners. We may share these offers with you only with your prior consent. You may unsubscribe from receiving these offers by clicking here or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, if you do not choose to receive this information, we will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events, updates to the products, services, and/or subscriptions you have purchased, or special offers that may interest you.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Decision Resources Group’s products and services.
If you are under the age of 16, you must first tell your parent or legal guardian that you wish to register on our digital platforms and get his or her consent. You must make sure that your parent or legal guardian knows and agrees each time before you:
- email us, or ask us to email anything to you;
- send any information to us;
- enter any competition or game that requires information about you or offers a prize;
- purchase an official membership; or
- offer or agree to buy anything online.
Once we receive appropriate authorization or consent from your parent or legal guardian, we may collect your date of birth and retain that with your name and other details you may provide. This is so that we may ensure we treat you in an age appropriate way in line with this Privacy Notice.
For so long as you are under the age of 16, we will not send you any marketing communications, allow you to access any of our digital platform message boards, or share your details with our partners.
4. Sharing of Personal Data
As a global business, Decision Resources Group may share your personal data with Decision Resources Group companies, partners, service providers, and other trusted third parties based outside of the country in which you live. We share your personal data with these partners so that these partners may process your data on our behalf, as necessary, in connection with providing our products and services, fulfilling contractual arrangements, and legal or regulatory requirements. Decision Resources Group requires that its service providers and such other third parties keep your personal data confidential and that these partners only use the personal data in furtherance of the specific purpose for which it was disclosed.
We may also share your personal data with:
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information;
- third party providers of services, such as data processing; and
- web analytics tool providers.
By using a Decision Resources Group site, or otherwise providing Decision Resources Group with personal data, you agree to our right to transfer your personal data in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice, and applicable data protection laws and regulations. Decision Resources Group will ensure, to the reasonable extent possible, that any partner processing your personal data outside of your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect your personal data, and is only entitled to process it in accordance with Decision Resources Group’s instructions.
Many countries do not afford the same legal protection to personal data as you might enjoy in your country of origin. While your personal data is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities in that country in accordance with the specific country’s laws and regulations.
5. Retention of Personal Data
Decision Resources Group makes it easy for you to keep your personal data accurate, complete, and up to date. We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
7. Safeguarding Your Personal Data
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure, and require any third parties that handle or process your personal data for us to do the same. Access to your personal data is restricted to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse, and access is only permitted on a need-to-know basis among our employees of Decision Resources Group companies, partners, service providers and other trusted third parties.
8. Your Privacy Rights and Whom to Contact
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your personal data, then you may contact us at email@example.com. If you have subscribed to receive marketing communications, and you wish to unsubscribe, you may do so by clicking here. You may also correct or update your personal data at any time by changing your profile on our website.
For individuals who may avail themselves of the rights under Article 15 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”), by submitting the subject access request form, you may request reasonable access to view and review your personal data and request correction and deletion where appropriate. In order to protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal data. You have the right to tell us if you:
- don’t want to be contacted in the future by us or other DRG group companies;
- would like a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- would like to delete the personal data we hold about you in our records;
- wish to report any misuse of your personal data.
9. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change our Privacy Notice from time to time and post the updated version of the same. We encourage you to visit frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal data.
10. Handling Privacy Concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or if you believe that your personal data is not handled in accordance with the applicable law or this Privacy Notice, you may contact the Data Protection Officer in writing (1) electronically via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (2) by mail at either Data Protection Officer, Sigmatic Limited, 9 Appold Street, 3rd Floor, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 2AP or Data Protection Officer, Decision Resources, Inc., 500 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, Massachusetts 02116.
Updated Effective: October 2015
1. Use of Web Site Content.
2. Proprietary Rights.
3. Restricted Areas, Passwords and Security.
Certain areas of the Web Site may be accessed and used only by clients to whom Decision Resources has issued passwords (“Restricted Areas”). You are not authorized to access or use Restricted Areas unless you have received a password from us, or from your employer in accordance with its license agreement with us. You may not share your password or access to the Web Site, and you may not use another person’s password to access the Web Site.
4. Unlawful and Other Prohibited Uses of the Web Site.
5. No Use By Minors
Children under 13 years old are not permitted to use this Web Site.
6. Copyright Complaints; DMCA Notice.
Decision Resources respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we prohibit users of our Web Sites and services from submitting, uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that violate another person’s intellectual property rights.
Decision Resources complies with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). As required by the DMCA, a Designated Agent has been established with proper documentation sent to the US Copyright Office.
Notices of infringement under the DMCA should be addressed to:
Attn: Legal Department / DMCA Notices
8 New England Executive Park
Burlington, MA 01803
Tel: (339) 234-9239
Fax: (781) 993-2766
To file a notice of infringing material on a site owned or controlled by Decision Resources or our affiliates please provide a notification containing the following details:
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL);
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
- Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example, your address, telephone number, email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Content hosted on third party Web sites is the responsibility of those Web sites, and not of Decision Resources. If you are the copyright owner of Content hosted on a third party Web site, and you have not authorized the use of your Content, please contact the administrator of the hosting Web site directly to have the Content removed.
7. Termination of Use.
You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, terminate your access to the Web Site. We may monitor all access to and activity on the Web Site.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Except where expressly provided otherwise, the Web Site and Content are provided “AS IS”. We, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties of any kind (express, implied or otherwise) regarding the Web Site and the Content, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not make any warranty about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, or quality of the Web Site or the Content. We do not warrant that the Web Site will operate without error or interruption or that it is secure.
9. Limitations of Liability and Remedies.
- Your use of the Web Site and the Content is at your own discretion and risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Web Site or the Content, your exclusive remedy is to stop using the Web Site and the Content.
- In no event will we be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or other damages of any kind (including, without limitation, damages or costs resulting from loss of profits, revenue or business, or resulting from any error in the Content, or resulting from any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on the Content, or resulting from any unavailability of the Web Site, or resulting from harm to or loss of equipment, software or data, or resulting from any claim against you by a third party) arising out of or in connection with the Web Site or the Content, even if we are negligent or otherwise at fault, and regardless whether we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, and in such jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Links to Other Sites.
The Web Site may contain links to third-party web sites maintained by others. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the contents of any such third-party web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such sites. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
12. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction.
Updated Effective: October 2015
I. Types of Information Collected
What types of information does Decision Resources collect when conducting DRG Research Activities?
Personal Information You Submit: Decision Resources collects Personal Information that you provide to us or to third parties working on our behalf when you participate in DRG Research Activities. For example, you may submit your name in combination with your business contact information, professional qualifications, areas of specialty, your years of experience, your employer’s name and other demographic information.
Other Personal Information. We also may collect information about you from third parties or from publicly available sources.
Definition of Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by Decision Resources and maintained by Decision Resources in an accessible form, including information about you held in combination with other identifiable information. Examples of information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you and which we therefore treat as Personal Information include your name, your postal address, your e-mail address, your telephone number, and any medical registration numbers (e.g., nursing license number).
II. Collection of Personal Information
Does Decision Resources collect "sensitive" Personal Information?
Under different privacy regimes around the world, certain information including financial and health information may be deemed sensitive. This section describes how Decision Resources may collect personal health or financial information.
In connection with the DRG Research Activities, you may be asked to provide your health information. However, Decision Resources will de-identify health information prior to sharing it with third parties.
In connection with the DRG Research Activities, you may be asked to provide certain financial information in order to process honoraria payments or for legally required forms related to such payments.
Decision Resources shall adopt additional measures as required by local law for the processing of sensitive Personal Information. By providing us with sensitive Personal Information, you consent to Decision Resources collecting, transferring, storing, and processing it.
How does Decision Resources use Personal Information about me?
DRG Research Activities. We use the information that we collect to conduct surveys, to identify and recruit individuals to participate in DRG Research Activities, to interview individuals relating to our research, to create directories and compile databases of contact information, and to identify individuals who are newsworthy in connection with our research reports.
Fulfillment of Purpose. We will use the Personal Information you provide to fulfill the purpose for which it is provided. For example, we may use Personal Information about you to conduct surveys or interviews, to analyze survey results, to respond to your questions about a DRG Research Activity, and/or to conduct audits of third parties performing research services on our behalf.
Future DRG Research Activities. We may use Personal Information about you to seek your participation in future DRG Research Activities.
Honoraria Payments. We may use your Personal Information to process an honoraria payment and to provide you with legally required forms related to such payments.
Administrative Communications. From time to time, in our sole discretion, we may use Personal Information about you to send you important information, changes to our terms, conditions or policies and/or other administrative information.
Internal Business Purposes. We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, developing new products, enhancing our websites, improving our surveys, products or services, and identifying participation trends.
Will Decision Resources combine Personal Information I provide in connection with DRG Research Activities with other Personal Information about me?
Decision Resources may combine Personal Information that you have provided to us directly with records or information provided by third parties and/or with publicly available information.
Third parties with whom Decision Resources has contracted to provide services may combine the information gathered through DRG Research Activities with information collected through non-DRG Research Activities. This combined data may be provided to Decision Resources.
What choices do I have about how Decision Resources collects and uses Personal Information that I provide?
Your participation in some DRG Research Activities is contingent upon your agreement to provide us with certain Personal Information.
Does Decision Resources share Personal Information with third parties?
Affiliates and Subsidiaries: All Personal Information and non-Personal Information we collect about you may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries.
Third Party Service Providers. Decision Resources may share your Personal Information with third parties with whom we have contracted to perform DRG Research Activities on our behalf (e.g., survey vendors and financial institutions that process honoraria payments) and/or with whom we have contracted to provide technical or administrative support.
Participation in Market Research. We do not share with our clients the Personal Information of our market research survey or interview participants without consent of the individuals involved, subject to the terms of this Policy.
Assignment. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Decision Resources© business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer information that we collect about you to an affiliate or a third party.
Law Enforcement, Emergencies and Compliance. Decision Resources may disclose Personal Information about you to others as we believe to be appropriate: (i) under applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce the terms and conditions of your participation in DRG Research Activities; (v) to protect our operations or those of any affiliates or subsidiaries; (vi) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Decision Resources, our affiliates, you or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How does Decision Resources protect your Personal Information?
It is Decision Resources© practice to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to safeguard Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through email.
Does Decision Resources transfer Personal Information to different jurisdictions?
How does Decision Resources protect the privacy of children?
Decision Resources does not knowingly allow children (we define “children” as minors younger than 13) to participate in DRG Research Activities unless we have obtained parental or legal guardian consent, and in such cases, we will not collect Personal Information about the child. We do not knowingly allow children to use any of our online services.
If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue.
How may I correct or remove Personal Information that I have provided to Decision Resources?
You may request that we remove your Personal Information from our current records or that we amend your Personal Information. Please notify us of your wishes by contacting us in one of the ways specified below. If you would like to review, correct, update or suppress Personal Information about you that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by emailing us at or by sending us a letter to at the address in Section III.
For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed, or that you wish to have your Personal Information removed from our database or the limitations you wish to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain certain information for compliance and recordkeeping purposes, and there also may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. Finally, we are not responsible for removing or suppressing information from any published research or from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information, or limiting their use of your Personal Information.
III. Contact Information and Policy Updates
How can I contact Decision Resources?
If you have questions about the use, amendment, or removal of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or if you would like to opt out of future communications from a Decision Resources business or a particular Decision Resources program, please contact us by e-mail at privacy@TeamDRG.com. Alternatively, you may send a letter to the following address:
Decision Resources Group
8 New England Executive Park
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803 USA
In all communications to Decision Resources, please include your name, the specific DRG Research Activity you are contacting us about, and a detailed explanation of your request.
If you would like to remove, amend or correct the Personal Information that you have provided to us and are contacting us by e-mail, please put “Removal Request” or “Amendment/Correction Request”, as applicable, in the subject line of the e-mail. We will do our best to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.
How will I know whether Decision Resources has updated this policy?