Director, Global Real World Evidence (GRWE) Analytics & Statistics
- Dec 13, 2018
- London, England
DRG is searching for high performing individuals to join its global RWE team. The Director reports directly to the commercial lead for DRG’s Global RWE division and has two major areas of responsibility.
Firstly, the Director will be responsible supporting the business to drive commercial data & analytics opportunities within pharmaceutical and life science companies. The Director will be responsible for identifying data sources and analysis plans and methods to answer customer requirements. This includes the identification of new and unique data sources and determining how those data sources can be used to solve customer challenges.
Secondly, and in coordination with leadership, and other product solution teams the Director will take on responsibility for continuously improving the commercial strategy for Global RWE while improving internal lead generation across business units.
Primary duties and responsibilities;
- DIVE INTO DATA: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- BE AN EXPERT IN APPLYING METHODS: Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY ANALYSES: Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- INTERPRET AND SHARE RESULTS: Communicate findings to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities;
- Collaborate and contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide data science colleagues on initiatives or goals on knowledge-sharing, methodologies, innovations, technology, processes, etc. to enable broader and more effective use of data and analytics to support business.
- Guides delivery team during customer engagements to ensure project deliverables meet or exceed customer expectations
- Develops proposals in collaboration with sales and other GRWE team members
- Identifies and validates data sources required to support customer engagements and DRG’s GRWE Strategy
- Manages data operations with network of global data providers
- Develops & Refines DRG’s Global RWE Strategy in collaboration with other members of DRG GRWE leadership
- In coordination with sales, drives growth in the GRWE business by identifying untapped opportunities and identifying potential new clients
- Undergraduate degree required
- MSc or PhD in epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology or biostatistics/public health (with focus on epidemiology/database research)
- Understand the evidence needs for research and development, regulatory and market access, and ideate and work with internal teams for appropriate method development to support evidence generation, and gain access to data through collaboration or data generation.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing epidemiological or outcomes research projects, with publications and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Track record of effectively working in a matrix environment with global, international team members coming from scientific, business and operational backgrounds, using influence without authority
The position can work from the London office and will include travel to other DRG locations, clients, and data partners as-needed (expected 20%). Travel to other corporate locations, including international offices in the US and India, may be required.
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions.
With over 1,100 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Please visit us at: http://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Grade 9 Management 4