Key Account Director
Decision Resources is a strategic business partner to pharmaceutical, biotech and device companies, facilitating informed decision-making by providing customer-focused market intelligence solutions. Our customers rely on Decision Resources to decide where to invest, how to drive commercial success, prove value and gain access to markets.
With more than 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, Decision Resources is the market leader in Healthcare Insights and has an unparalleled reputation with its customers. We combine access to rich data assets (proprietary and via partners) with Therapy / Disease thought leadership and extensive primary research to deliver insights that drive to the heart of specific client questions.
Overall Purpose of Role:
As a Key Account Director, you will be tasked with leading one or more account teams to represent the voice of the customer within DRG. The Global Account teams will often comprise of Product and Regional Sales specialists, Customer Experience, Marketing and Consulting partners. DRG believe that to be successful, we must align ourselves to best serve the needs of the customer and, as such, you will be ultimately responsible for the performance of the Account teams against company expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate and lead the Global Account team to deliver against an annual goal
- Collate, pressure test and communicate FY Account based Forecasts to the business
- Live and breathe the customer’s world to enable the Account team to develop and maintain a high level of customer knowledge.
- Collaborate to create, maintain and facilitate execution on strategic account plans.
- Partner with Customer Experience and Marketing teams to optimize the customer journey with DRG.
- Work with Consulting Partners and subject matter experts to identify account based opportunity leveraging all of DRG’s solutions and services.
- Identify the customer’s key business questions and facilitate and contribute to the creation of often complex and multi-dimensional proposals by drawing on the appropriate internal resources.
- Built strong networks with senior stakeholders within the customer org.
- Empower the account team to drive new opportunity creation through ownership of the buying / selling process and inspiring others to think creatively about new ways to engage with the customer.
- Lead by example and enable your team to leverage your relationships to facilitate engagement.
- Put the pieces in place to make it easy for the customer to do business with DRG.
- Education and Experience Required:
- Business related or Scientific Degree at Bachelor's level or above.
- People and/or Account Leadership experience in Sales/Commercial positions preferred
- Experience of working with Customers globally distributed across different continents
- 10+ years Sales and Account management experience and an ability to demonstrate a clear track record of success
- Experience of selling complex and bespoke market research or business intelligence solutions
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience required
- Competencies Required:
- Passionate about winning; focused on energizing client relationships and building relationships at all levels within an organization
- High Emotional Intelligence; An ability to listen to understand and show empathy
- Proactive; makes things happen and inspire others to take action
- Comfortable with delegating responsibility to others
- Thinks big; can see beyond the present and is not constrained by the status quo
- Territory / account planning and creating custom proposals and responding to RFPs
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, diligent in preparation and follow through on key initiatives and ideas
- Clear thinker with proven ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
- A desire to travel within Europe and Internationally and understanding of working in different geographies
- Languages: fluency in English. Fluency in any or several other European languages (French, German, Spanish or Italian) would be beneficial
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental, vision and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(K) retirement plan after two complete months of employment.
Decision Resources Group is proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.