Senior Manager, Organizational Development, Clarivate
Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation. We offer subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise that cover the entire lifecycle of innovation – from foundational research and ideas to protection and commercialization.
Today, we’re setting a trail-blazing course to help customers turn bold ideas into life-changing inventions. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™.
We employ 8,500 colleagues in more than 40 countries. Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC. At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people. Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The Clarivate Talent Management team delivers both Organizational Development (OD) and Learning & Development (L&D) capabilities to the business. The Senior Manager, Organizational Development is an individual contributor that partners with HR and leaders in the organization to facilitate large-scale, systemic change. He/She analyzes the organization systemically, considering organization strategy, culture, leadership, capabilities, structures, processes, and systems to determine appropriate interventions to drive change. This position reports to the Head of Talent & Development.
- Provide expertise in contemporary practices in the areas of organization development and human resources systems, performance management, organization design and change management in alignment with organization vision and values
- In collaboration and under the direction of supervisor, assess and evolve the organizational development culture of Clarivate.
- Partner in and facilitate the design and implementation of Clarivate-wide training and organization development initiatives, programs and models.
- Provide necessary recommendations on changes to accomplish strategic organizational goals and objectives.
- Conduct learning needs assessments to determine knowledge, skills and behavior requirements.
- Manage the learning and development (L&D) process to include vendor management, curriculum and program creation/administration, communication, content delivery and management. Measures, analyzes, and communicates L&D trends, strengths and opportunities.
- Support the development of people management skills for both new and more experienced managers and supervisors.
- Lead the identification and tracking of key L&D metrics to determine overall effectiveness of various initiatives.
- In collaboration with supervisor, leads design and development and implementation of Clarivate succession plan.
- Support Clarivate’s employment branding and efforts to become an “employer of choice” and “best place to work.”
- Role can be based anywhere but preference for East Coast Time Zone (East Coast, Eastern mid-west, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required; ideal candidates will have an advanced degree in OD, HR, Psychology or Management
- 8+ years of related organizational development experience ideally including a mix of consulting and in-house roles
- Expertise in the following OD related areas: Organizational Change Assessment, High Performing Team Consultation, Strategy and Planning, Organization Design, Development, Effectiveness, Performance Management, Leadership Development and Culture Transformation, Knowledge Management, Communication Strategy and Planning, Instructional Systems Design and Implementation, and Assessment, and Analysis
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders and teams on behavior, mindset and performance as connected to business results
- Proven ability to build and lead across multiple projects and teams and successfully complex organizational transformation, culture and high performance team initiatives throughout the business
- Strong change management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in developing and delivering OD programs (i.e. competency frameworks, succession planning, assessments and IDP creation and coaching).
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in utilizing an LMS to drive learning and development.
- Active participation in M&A integration and related activities
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Business travel required (~20%)
We offer a rich benefits package including competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer an employee discount program and multiple other perks. Various locations provide other perks including healthy snacks and beverages, team lunches, holiday parties, etc.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities