Consultant, Life Sciences Strategy, DRG Consulting (Boston)
Consultants (C’s) at DRG Consulting serve as key members of project teams by providing analytical insight, leadership and creativity to client engagements, business development efforts and internal initiatives.
Consultants play a vital role by managing components of client projects and driving the research and analysis core to our work. Consultants work alongside senior members of the team to define engagements, build work plans and develop deliverables with robust and valuable recommendations. This Consultant role sits within our New Product Planning and Commercial Strategy service lines which provides advisory services and solutions to the world's leading bio-pharmaceutical companies.
- Work with internal and client teams to complete key project activities assigned to you with support from project manager
- Conduct both Primary and Secondary research to discover key insights and findings relevant to client projects
- Lead qualitative (e.g. KOL interviews) and quantitative analysis (e.g. claims and patient data, financial data, financial modeling and sales projections, etc.) as required on client engagements
- Synthesize large amounts of data into discrete stories and assumptions to determine the “so-what” for clients
- Develop and produce quality client deliverables including presentations, reports, workshops and key findings summaries
- Review the work of more junior team members (associates and interns) and help in their development by providing learning and skills development opportunities
- Build therapeutic area and domain expertise to apply during client engagements and thought leadership
- Support senior team members with opportunistic business development efforts including greenfield research and developing proposals and pitch books
- Work with senior staff to promote consistent operations, efficient use of resources and knowledge sharing / best practices
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings and/or unstructured sessions including conferences, workshops and external events
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities including knowledge management, internal training sessions and assisting with recruiting top talent
- Travel to/from client sites when required
- BA/BS in a life science or business related field is required; MS/MPH/MBA/PhD preferred
- At least three years of relevant consulting or advisory experience within the life sciences required
- Proficiency across various consulting and research methodologies, including the execution of quantitative and qualitative analysis, primary research, secondary research, and analytic modeling and forecasting
- Experience with one or more of the following domain areas: Pricing & Market Access, Commercial Strategy, or New Product Planning within the life sciences
- Strong communication skills including presentations, meeting and workshop facilitation and business writing
- Project and time management skills with the ability to work with colleagues across the organization
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office products is critical, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Role is available in Burlington, MA (Boston)
With more than 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry, Decision Resources Group (DRG) is the premier provider of high-value analytics, data, insights, and consulting services to the world’s leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, MedTech and Healthcare companies. Whether entering new markets, planning pre-launch/launch activities or optimizing brand performance, clients rely on DRG to understand market dynamics, map customer behavior and identify strategic commercial opportunities.
DRG Consulting, the strategy consulting arm of DRG, is the trusted partner for navigating the complex global healthcare environment with forward-thinking perspectives. With commitment to genuine client collaboration, we combine deep domain expertise and data driven analysis to deliver relevant insights and customized, actionable solutions for our clients in the areas of new product planning, commercial strategy and pricing & market access. DRGC has completed over 1,000 successful projects since 2012.
DRG offers a rich benefits package including competitive compensation, 3 weeks paid vacation to start and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a generous 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. Various locations provide other perks including healthy snacks and beverages, team lunches, bi-weekly trivia contests, holiday parties, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Professional 3 / Grade 7