Workday Functional Analyst
- Apr 11, 2019
- Burlington, MA
Decision Resources Group is looking for an experienced Workday functional/technical analyst who has Finance expertise to support our Workday ERP implementation. The ideal candidate will have 4 years of Business Analyst and technical configuration and integration experience with a proven track record of implementing Workday systems. Experience facilitating business process change through the effective and strategic use of technology is highly desirable. Functioning as a liaison between the business and the IT solution design team, the business analyst will perform the following functions:
- Gathers Finance and Professional Services Automation business requirements and ensures that the company’s strategic business objectives are incorporated in the solution design.
- Consults with business leaders and the core project team to identify, define and document business needs and objectives; current and proposed operational procedures; input and output requirements; and system access requirements.
- Facilitates open dialogue among the primary project stakeholders: business leaders, project managers, vendors and suppliers, and implementation partners
- Analyzes and translates business requirements into system configuration solutions and/or business process changes.
- Implements business process changes, workflows, and configuration changes.
- Develops 3rd party interfaces to Workday
- Provides thought leadership in the streamlining and optimization of business processes. Documents all business and process requirements and ensures alignment with business stakeholders.
- Identifies data that needs to be converted, cleansed and validated.
- Tests newly designed business processes and configurations to ensure adherence to requirements.
- Provides functional Finance knowledge and expertise to the project team challenging team to adopt best practices and avoid unnecessary customization of solution.
- Assists in development of training materials and test scripts, as needed.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing of new system
- Makes ongoing basic system configuration changes
- Manages data migration activities associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Creates custom reports, as needed
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Information Systems or equivalent job experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with a broad range of business constituents
- Experience implementing complex, global, Financial solutions using Workday.
- Conversant with a number of software development methodologies and life cycle management practices, including agile software development implementation knowledge.
- Experience implementing a variety of functional Financial components including Core Financials, A/P, A/R, Asset Tracking, G/L, Procurement, Project Accounting, Time and Expense Management, and Professional Services Automation.
- Skill integrating global 3rd party applications using EIB, Core connectors or Studio tools.
- Business Process Modeling expertise as well as requirements management skills.
- Experience gathering, assessing and documenting data requirements.
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions. With more than 1,300 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Visit our page at https://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental, vision and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(K) retirement plan after two complete months of employment.
Decision Resources Group is proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.