Business Development Manager
- Mar 19, 2020
- New York, NY
Decision Resources Group is a strategic business partner to world-class healthcare companies, facilitating informed decision-making by providing customer-focused market intelligence solutions. Whether entering new markets, planning pre-launch/launch activities or optimizing brand performance clients rely on Decision Resources Group to understand market dynamics, map customer behavior and identify opportunities.
With more than 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry, DRG is the market leader in healthcare business intelligence. Proprietary methodologies, rigorous qualitative/quantitative analysis and extensive use of cutting edge data and analytics ensure unparalleled insight and accuracy. Combined with specialized knowledge, global reach and excellent talent, DRG provides clients with a deep market understanding and service not available anywhere else.
As a Business Development Manager you will be tasked with generating new business from small to mid-tier Pharma & Biotech, CRO’s, Financial and Professional Service companies. You will be primarily tasked with selling DRG’s Market Assessment solutions. In addition to that you will be tasked with scoping and driving revenue within DRG’s RWE Analytics data assets, custom Analytics and traditional Pharmaceutical Consulting services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactive new business generation with a focus on mid-tier pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as other key industry stakeholders, in North American pharma markets
- You must possess a Hunter Mentality and exert an abundance of confidence
- Maintaining a robust pipeline for future sales by sourcing new prospects as well as qualifying inbound leads for conversion
- Engaging and communicating effectively with senior (often C-level) decision makers both over the telephone and face to face
- Accurately maintaining and developing prospect/client data via Salesforce.com
- Collaborating with other commercial teams to maximize revenue opportunities from prospects and existing clients
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge across a broad range of DRG’s products and services
- Attending conferences and events with the aim of developing new business and supporting existing clients
- College degree required
- Business Intelligence sales experience into the Pharmaceutical sector preferred, which should include proactive telephone-based new business generation.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of presenting to senior decision makers in the Pharma sector
- SAAS or Experience selling Services into the Life Science sector is preferred
- Experience of attending and exhibiting at industry events and conferences
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
- Passionate about winning; A self-starter with a track record of success, ideally in and out of the workplace
- Languages: fluency in written & oral English is a must.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental, vision and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(K) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.