Associate Consultant, DRG Consulting, Boston or Philly Area Description
The Associate Consultant (AC) at DRG Consulting serves as a key member of client project teams by providing analytical insight, leadership, and creativity to client engagements and business development. The AC leads components of a project and drives the research and analysis which is core to our strategic work. ACs work alongside senior members of the project team to define the engagement, build a work plan, guide research and analysis efforts, and develop robust and valuable conclusions and recommendations.
ACs will be required to act both independently and in collaboration with a diverse internal team and set of clients. ACs will gain experience in the execution and management of a project, with the ultimate goal of assuming increasing responsibility in project management. A successful AC will be a high-energy individual that is able to interact with all levels of project and client teams, provide meaningful and timely analysis, develop valuable results, and manage distinct aspects of large projects.
- Lead and execute discrete research efforts including primary and secondary research needed for client engagements
- Conduct qualitative research through desktop research and diagnostic interviews with KOLs, physicians, providers, payors and industry knowledge experts to garner insights and data on various therapeutic areas, indications, products, and other essential information
- conduct quantitative analysis and develop accurate forecasts (e.g. sales or dosage forecasts), synthesize large amounts of data into discrete stories and assumptions, and providing creative insight to drive overall client recommendations.
- Produce client deliverables including but not limited to: PowerPoint slides and presentations, reports, white papers, etc.
- Participate on multiple client projects, effectively manage time commitments and assume greater leadership roles at the project level as they gain more experience
- Support senior team members in business development efforts through assisting with greenfield research,creating pitch books and proposals
- Learn and develop quickly with guidance and direction from experienced consultants.
- Travel to/from client sites when needed
Requirements 1 – 3 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, ideal candidate will have management consulting or strategic advisory experience within the life sciences or healthcare industries BA/BS is required and an advanced degree (MS, MPH, PhD) would be a plus Exposure to commercial strategy consulting and/or Pricing & Market Access within the life sciences is strongly preferred Comfortable with performing both qualitative and quantitative analysis, including primary and secondary research upon which to obtain data and information Able to synthesize large amounts of data and pull-out the most relevant pieces to determine the "so-what" Exceptional project and time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-faced environment Strong communication (written and oral), analytical, and organizational skills with a commitment to high quality work Familiarity with all Microsoft Office products is critical, especially PowerPoint and Excel (charts, graphs, pivot tables, etc.) Benefits
DRG Consulting (DRGC) is the trusted partner for navigating the complex global healthcare environment with forward-thinking perspectives. We combine deep domain expertise and data driven analysis to deliver relevant insights and customized, actionable solutions for our clients in the areas of new product planning, commercial strategy and pricing & market access. We have completed over 1,000 engagements since 2012, generating annual revenue in excess of $25 million.
DRG offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment, as well as several other benefit programs. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Professional 2 / Grade 6