Analyst, Medtech Insights
Who are we?
Decision Resources Group (DRG) is the world’s leading provider of healthcare analysis, data, and consulting solutions. As a central part of DRG’s portfolio, the Medtech Insights team harnesses real-world healthcare data, in-depth interviews, and our unique mix of in-house expertise to help medical device companies make some of their most important business decisions. The Medtech Insights team is an essential part of the broader DRG Medtech team’s data-driven culture, and regularly contributes its subject matter expertise to other teams within the organization.
Who are you?
- Effective communicator who can explain complex ideas using clear and concise language, including through written communication.
- Passionate about data and insights—you have the intrinsic drive to push boundaries on how we leverage data.
- You appreciate the freedom to make an impact that you can own.
- You are solution-oriented—you value ideas but understand the importance of execution.
- Thrive in a rapidly changing business role—you are excited to help steer the direction of the business.
- Respect deadlines and able to handle multiple projects at once.
- You have wondered why the sky is blue.
- You have an undergraduate or graduate degree. Preference is given to candidates with strong quantitative data analysis background in science and/or business related disciplines.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
What will you do?
- Author comprehensive market research reports that provide quantitative and qualitative insights on specific medical device markets around the world.
- Build market models by leveraging DRG’s proprietary healthcare datasets, while incorporating public financial, regulatory, and government data.
- Interview industry stakeholders and medical professionals to contextualize data and form insights.
- Understand the worldview and pain points of DRG clients, working closely with them as a problem-solver. From Fortune 500 companies to smaller startups, you will converse with high-profile clients regularly and be expected to both present and defend conclusions to them.
- Cross functional collaboration on larger projects impacting multiple teams.
- Contribute your vision; influence the evolution of our products, data models, and data usage strategy.
What do you know?
- Strong grasp of microeconomics and how businesses work. You can read and interpret income statements (understanding of other financial statements is a plus).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH).
- Experience/strong interest in converting unstructured datasets into broadly usable data models.
- Experience/strong interest in building market forecast models.
- You know how to deliver an effective presentation.
- Understanding of medical device markets and healthcare reimbursement are assets.
- Interest in SQL, Python, R, and Tableau is a definite asset.
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions.
With more than 1000 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Please visit us at: http://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental and life insurance programs. We also offer an RRSP match retirement plan after three continuous months of employment.
Decision Resources Group (DRG), in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process and subsequent employment upon request. DRG will consult with job applicants who have requested accommodation, and who have been invited to participate in the recruitment and/or selection process, on the provision of effective accommodation measures.
Professional 2 / Grade 6