Senior Director, Business Development, Real World Data & Analytics
Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, DRG™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Decision Resources Group (DRG), part of Clarivate’s Healthcare & Data Solutions Business, is the market leader in healthcare business intelligence facilitating informed decision-making by providing customer-focused market intelligence solutions. Whether entering new markets, planning pre-launch/launch activities, or optimizing brand performance, clients rely on DRG’s RWD, Data and Custom Analytics to understand market dynamics, map customer behavior and identify strategic opportunities.
DRG is seeking an experienced Senior Director, Business Development, Data & Analytics. This individual will be tasked with selling DRG’s Real-World Data product, services, and advanced analytics to new and existing clients in an assigned territory. This person will also serve as a subject matter expert on DRG’s related portfolio of products and services. This role reports to the VP, Data & Analytics Sales.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospects and creates opportunities for selling DRG RWD and Analytics data assets and services into new clients and to support balanced pipeline for future sales
- Develops client relationships across the customer’s organization and leverages relationship and knowledge of client to broaden opportunities and provide solutions that span the DRG portfolio of products and services
- Leverages client relationships and contacts to develop deep knowledge and understanding of customer’s dynamics and organizational structure to enhance product/service offerings
- Leverages client relationships to assess issues and challenges affecting key stakeholders to determine optimal DRG products/services that will deliver client-centric and strategic solutions
- Proactively manages renewal process and current client retention in accordance with budget cycle
- Creates proposals and other sales related documentation in Salesforce and other internal systems, for what is often-times complicated products and services for both new and existing customers
- Demonstrates end-to-end control of a book of business, an accurate and current pipeline of potential business, and realistic forecasting ability based on client deal/sales cycle and contacts
- Understands both internal and external stakeholder needs and anticipating questions and preparing solutions to address needs
- Effectively communicates and represents the state of the business to senior leadership and internal stakeholders including developing and presenting strategic and tactical plans for territory/accounts
- Manages large customer base and opportunity pipeline while Identifying and anticipating challenges
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to create business plans and overcome challenges
- Develops an expertise on US claims and EMR data, this includes source data, internal linkages and enhancements and client applications
- Generates, plans and leads customer meetings, and identifies opportunities to involve Subject Matter experts when beneficial to the client or potential sales
- Develops and maintains a high level of product knowledge and shares relevant product updates, enhancements, and new features with sales colleagues and internal Clarivate/DRG team
- Understands the healthcare ecosystem, complexities and impacts of decisions to provide expert assistance and guidance to others
- Inspires and motivates internal colleagues and gain the confidence and trust of clients through intellectual leadership, agility and positive attitude
- Achieves and/or exceeds revenue goals through territory and new business growth
- BA/BS in a business, life sciences, or related field is strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of B2B Sales and Account Management experience is required
- Biopharma or healthcare experience with an emphasis on Real-World-Evidence and Data & Analytics (custom analytics) is mandatory
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results and exceeding sales targets/quotas
- Experience developing proposals for complex products/services to new and existing customers
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Clear thinker with proven ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
- Passionate about winning; focused on energizing client relationships and building relationships at all levels within an organization
- Above average negotiation skills
- Curiosity and desire for learning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written communications
- Strong comfort with the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Team player with experience working with cross-functional and international teams
- Overnight travel (domestic and abroad) once COVID-19 has passed is highly likely
We offer a rich benefits package including competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k and life insurance options from first day of employment. We also offer an employee discount program and multiple other incentive programs. Various locations provide other perks including healthy snacks and beverages, team lunches, weekly trivia contests, holiday parties, etc.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.