- Jan 8, 2019
- London, England
Decision Resources Group is seeking an Associate Epidemiologist to join our world-renowned global epidemiology team to develop bespoke epidemiological projections and forecast models, provide on-demand epidemiological insights, and play an advisory role in the capacity of an epidemiologist for key stakeholders within the client organization. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with interpretation of epidemiological data and a genuine passion for the use of epidemiology in business-critical decision-making.
- Perform fully documented systematic reviews of both published and grey literature on the epidemiology of assigned diseases and their risk factors to estimate incidence/prevalence over a 10-30 year period.
- Produce analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets.
- Conduct research using online grey literature datasets such as NHANES, HCUP, literature, cancer registries, government survey data, and other resources to summarize current information on prevalence, and to forecast numbers for a variety of diseases.
- Suggest use of proxy data sources or develop imputation or extrapolation models when country-specific sources are not available.
- Support other programs and units within Company, for instance, by helping to maintain and enhance a sources database and by contributing to new products and proprietary consulting projects globally.
- Advanced degree (PhD/MBBS preferred; MPH/MSc acceptable with relevant experience) with a focus on epidemiology, biostatistics or a closely related field
- Some relevant work experience analyzing epidemiological datasets, modelling patient populations or making epidemiological projections strongly desired.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong English communication skills and the ability to communicate complex or technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Comfortable delivering presentations to colleagues and/or clients.
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions.
With over 1,100 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Please visit us at: http://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Professional 2 / Grade 6