Resource Allocation Manager
- Jan 10, 2019
- London, England
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions.
With over 1000 employees across 17 worldwide locations, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Please visit us at: http://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
We are looking for an experienced Resource Allocation Manager to fulfil a new role based from one of the UK offices in Bicester, Manchester or London.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a lean and simplified resourcing process ensuring speed and efficiency in deployment of staff for new business
- Provide guidance on capacity gaps/needs while ensuring optimal utilization of available staff
- Monitor utilisation statistics and develop appropriate analytics
- Liaise with team leads to identify causes of over/under utilisation and propose solutions
- Detailed understanding of current and future demand (based on pipeline) by function
- Work with project leads to ensure demand is up to date and fit for purpose
- Maintain and update resourcing SOPs and ensure compliance to systems and processes
- Annual stakeholder survey to ensure satisfaction and propose changes to process as required
- Coaching project managers on best practice
- Co-ordinate with team leads to suggest assignments designed to optimise analyst career development
- Provide weekly/month metrics to team, highlighting key issues
- Resource planning, sourcing and utilization management and make staffing recommendations in concert with Operations and discipline leads.
- Propose staffing options to project assignment needs that align with skills, professional goals, and/or staffing preferences
- Advise delivery team on the best way to engage in the resource management processes, and recommend improvements for efficiency
- Maintain a bench of freelancers to help manage demand peaks and ad-hoc expert input
- Resource appropriate new proposal opportunities at point of RFP/lead
- Extensive experience with prior consulting delivery experience in a professional services environment would be beneficial
- Highly collaborative and solution-focussed
- Proven problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Prior experience of resource management in a management consulting environment a plus
- Ability to work both independently under minimal guidance and collaboratively with large teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members, verbally and in writing
- Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context
- Excellent active listening skills
Competitive salary and benefits package in line with experience, including:
- 25 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Pension scheme (6% of annual salary from day one)
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Grade 7 / Professional 3