Business Insights Analyst, Immune & Inflammatory Team
- Jun 9, 2020
- Burlington, MA
With more than 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry, Decision Resources Group (DRG) is the premier provider of high-value analytics, data, insights, and consulting services to the world’s leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, MedTech and Healthcare companies. Whether entering new markets, planning pre-launch/launch activities or optimizing brand performance, clients rely on DRG to understand market dynamics, map customer behavior and identify strategic commercial opportunities.
We are seeking a motivated Business Insights Analyst to join the talented Immune & Inflammatory (I&I) team at DRG. The role comprises three broad functions: 1) market research and insight generation; 2) project management and execution; and 3) client service. The Business Insights Analyst will translate therapeutic expertise and market research data into targeted insights for key decision-makers within the biopharmaceutical industry. Areas of coverage will span the team’s diverse research portfolio in neurology, hematology, rheumatology, respiratory, infectious diseases, dermatology, and other therapeutic areas.
- Build and apply an understanding of drug development and commercialization, including the dynamics in the I&I markets
- Conduct primary research via interviews and surveys with medical and healthcare experts.
- Critically analyze clinical data and commercial information from several sources to evaluate market trends, assess opportunity, and build market forecasts.
- Effectively and concisely communicate business insights through multiple formats (e.g., slide decks, live presentations).
- Develop and maintain partnerships with clients; understand their needs and deliver solutions.
- Manage the execution of multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Field client queries and ad hoc requests with minimal supervision.
- Show a strong grasp of complex commercial issues in communication with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Advanced degree (MA, MBA, MPH, MS, or PhD in life sciences, social sciences or statistics) and/or relevant experience in the biopharma, healthcare, market research, consulting, or financial sectors.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and objectively in written and spoken English.
- A flexible and collaborative approach to work.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to build relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Interest in engaging the challenges facing the biopharma industry.
- Experience in working with complex data sets (e.g., SQL).
- Familiarity with clinical research, drug development, and/or commercialization processes.
- Experience in modeling and forecasting pharmaceutical markets.
- Experience with key information resources (e.g., clinical trial and pipeline databases, sales/consumption data, physician audit databases).
- Experience with Tableau.
- Experience with real-world data (e.g., claims, EHR).
- Knowledge of market access and reimbursement issues in major and/or growth markets.
DRG offers a rich benefits package including competitive compensation, 3 weeks paid vacation to start and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a generous 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. Various locations provide other perks including healthy snacks and beverages, team lunches, weekly trivia contests, holiday parties, etc.
DRG is proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Professional 3 / Grade 7