- Sep 4, 2020
- London, England
With more than 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry, Decision Resources Group (DRG), part of Clarivate Analytics, is the premier provider of high-value analytics, data, insights, and consulting services to the world’s leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, MedTech and Healthcare companies. Whether entering new markets, planning pre-launch/launch activities or optimizing brand performance, clients rely on DRG to understand market dynamics, map customer behavior and identify strategic commercial opportunities.
We are seeking an Associate Epidemiologist to join our highly-esteemed and growing Epidemiology group to address complex client needs related to the future incidence and prevalence of disease. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with interpretation of epidemiological data, strong client communication skills, and a genuine passion for the use of epidemiology in pharmaceutical drug development.
- Investigate assigned diseases and their risk factors to estimate incidence/prevalence over a 10-30 year period
- Produce analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets
- Conduct research using NHANES, HCUP, literature, cancer registries, government survey data, and other resources to summarize current information on prevalence and to forecast numbers for variety of diseases
- Suggest use of proxy data sources when country-specific sources are not available
- Support other programs and units, for instance, by helping to maintain and enhance a sources database and acting as an ambassador for epidemiology forecasting methodologies
- Maintain and distribute epidemiology forecasts for key markets of interest
- Develop strong working relationships with internal customers, provide accurate and timely responses to their queries, and make business recommendations where appropriate
- Advanced degree (Ph.D., Master’s degree) in Epidemiology or Public Health related field
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience analyzing health care plans, population health and risk assessment
- Thorough knowledge of data base user interface and query software (e.g., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC WONDER, NHANES, HCUP)
- Knowledge of statistical software, SAS/STATA preferred
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite products is essential
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be able to translate epidemiological research to a business audience
- Comfortable delivering presentations to colleagues and/or clients
DRG offers a rich benefits package including competitive compensation, 25 days annual leave and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment.