Consultant - Healthcare Strategy
Consultants (C’s) at HBI serve as key members of the operations team by providing analytical insight, leadership and creativity to client engagements, market research, business development and internal initiatives. Work primarily focuses on the healthcare areas of the patient experience, hospital strategy, marketing, clinical care/quality and revenue cycle.
Consultants play a vital role by managing components of operations, client projects and driving the research and analysis core to our work. Consultants work alongside senior members of the team to define engagements, build work plans, create thought leadership and client deliverables with robust and valuable recommendations.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Client Relationship Management & Delivery
- Partner with leadership and sales to meet business and sales objectives
- Work with internal and client teams to project manage and execute projects with support from project managers
- Provide expertise to drive and inform client outcomes in areas of patient throughput and experience, patient and physician recruitment, hospital design, as well as staff education and excellence.
- Prepare well-organized, effective reports and presentations to clearly communicate results to team management, colleagues and clients
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis including interviewing key opinion leaders, payors/providers,
- Perform hospital and market analyses, strategic and root cause analyses, and market projections
- Ability to relate effectively and with the highest degree of credibility to health system C-suite executives
- Develop new relationships to drive new business and expand existing client relationships
Primary and Secondary Research
- Conduct both primary and secondary research to discover key insights and findings relevant to clients
- Transform primary and secondary research into key deliverables for subscriptions businesses (e.g. revenue cycle, cost and quality, supply chain, patient experience)
- Contribute to research publications by creating thought leadership content, such as blogs, presentations, articles, that can be published and distributed to members
New Business Development
- Serve as a thought leader and assist in expanding HBI brand
- Create weekly thought leadership outputs that reflect market, company, and personal perspectives
- Engage in growing the business and participating in business development activities
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings and/or unstructured sessions, as well as mentoring junior staff to assist in their growth
- Oversee the work of more junior team members (Associates, Interns, etc.) and help coach / develop them
- Work with senior staff to promote consistent operations, efficient use of resources and knowledge sharing / best practice
- Bachelor’s degree; an MBA, MPH, or other advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of five years of relevant consulting or hospital experience required with an emphasis on strategic consulting, advisory, or research experience
- Experience with one or more of the following service areas: hospital strategy, revenue cycle, clinical care areas, commercial strategy, care areas
- Excellent project management and time management skills with the ability to work with various colleagues
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills including presentations, meeting/workshop facilitation and business writing
- Proficiency across various consulting and research methodologies, including the execution of quantitative and qualitative analysis, primary & secondary research, and analytic modeling and forecasting
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong exposure to and comfort with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs – potentially from 50 – 75%
Healthcare Business Insights, Part of Decision Resources Group, is part of a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions. HBI (DRG) is a trusted partner for navigating the complex healthcare environment with forward-thinking perspectives. With commitment to genuine client collaboration, we combine deep domain expertise and data driven analysis to deliver relevant insights and customized, actionable solutions for our clients. HBI has completed thousands of successful projects since 1986.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.