Director, DRG Consulting
- Jun 29, 2018
- Philadelphia, PA
Decision Resources Group (DRG) offers best-in-class, high-value data, analytics, insights and advisory products and services to the healthcare industry. Delivered by more than 1,100 employees across 15 offices in North America, Europe and Asia, DRG provides Life Sciences, Provider and Payer customers the data, tools, insights and advice they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly complex and value-based marketplace.
DRG Consulting (DRGC) is the trusted partner for navigating the complex global healthcare environment with forward-thinking perspectives. With commitment to genuine client collaboration, we combine deep domain expertise and data driven analysis to deliver relevant insights and customized, actionable solutions for our clients in the areas of new product planning, commercial strategy and pricing & market access.
DRGC has completed over 1,000 successful projects since 2012, generating annual revenue in excess of $25 million.
The Director, DRGC leads multiple small-to-moderate projects and manages work streams for one or more larger projects, while supervising consultants and contributing to business development efforts with Practice Leaders. A successful Director will be a high-energy individual that is able to interact with all levels of project and client teams, provide mentorship and guidance to junior staff, and lead internal projects for team and firm development.
Directors are expected to contribute to the overall success of a project by providing thought leadership to project teams, supervising the creation of all final deliverables, reviewing and finalizing primary research materials, and guiding junior team members in their creation. Directors will also be able to develop new client relationships, deepen existing relationships through regular, relevant communication, write proposals, and follow-up with clients to sell projects opportunisticly.
EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of assigned consulting projects including proposal development, project plan development, data analysis, presentation development and delivery of client presentation
- Produce quality client deliverables and maintain high client satisfaction through proactive client interaction and engagement
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development through trainings and/or unstructured sessions, as well as mentoring junior staff to assist in their growth
- Contribute to the social environment by executing assigned firm-building activities and assisting with recruiting top talent
You will already be a proven leader within a healthcare/life sciences consulting environment with an excellent & clearly defined career track.
- Currently employed as a senior client-facing management consultant, with 6+ years of experience in consulting, bio-pharmaceutical, business development, or related market research leadership
- Specialization in pharmaceutical pricing, reimbursement and market access, and/or new product planning/commercial strategy including but not limited to: stakeholder and market landscape mapping, P&MA process and fund flow analysis, value proposition development, pricing and market access strategy, value dossier and evidence planning, contracting strategy and negotiation planning and stakeholder engagement tool design and deployment
- Project management experience across small (2 to 3) and large (6 to 10) sized project teams, and a range of project sizes (i.e.,$50K to $500K) including team management, client-facing responsibilities and/or experience reporting to key business stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of at least 1 high-interest therapy area such as oncology, neurology, diabetes, auto-immune disease and metabolism
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience and ability to coach, lead and mentor junior staff
- Familiarity with all Microsoft Office Suite products is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in a life sciences or business field is required; Master’s degree or PhD preferred
- Ability to be forward thinking and have a vision for where the business will be in five years’ time
- Self-starter with enthusiasm and confidence; sees opportunities and takes the initiative to accomplish more than what has been asked
- Intellectually curious; a creative and imaginative problem solver who demonstrates passion, patience, persistence and resilience to see things through
- Team player with outstanding relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment
- Natural leadership capability with the ability to motivate and empathize with others
DRG offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Management 4 / Grade 9