Key Account Director - HEOR and Market Access
- Oct 12, 2020
- London, England
DRG Abacus is a business unit within DRG Global Access. Our multi-disciplinary team offers best in class health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and market access services to the world’s leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies. We balance scientific rigor with commercial awareness, differentiating ourselves from our competition through innovation, technical excellence, and design.
With more than 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, DRG is the market leader in pharmaceutical business intelligence. Proprietary methodologies, rigorous qualitative/quantitative analysis and extensive use of primary research ensure unparalleled insight and accuracy. Combined with specialized knowledge, global reach and excellent people DRG provides clients with a deep market understanding and service not available anywhere else.
Overall Purpose of Role
As a Key Account Director you will be tasked with securing, nurturing and building partnerships with existing DRG/Abacus clients, targeting new break in clients & driving new preferred partnerships within the HEOR, Market Access & Evidence areas via a new territory based sales model.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Rapid onboarding into the business which includes learning the DRG/Abacus value proposition, building internal stakeholder relationships to best position yourself and giving DRG/Abacus ROI
- Develop tailored sales plan for your assigned territories/accounts (TBC, depending on candidate’s location/language skills/knowledge/relationships of specific accounts within specific territories
- Conducting knowledge gap analysis for existing/new break-in accounts
- Optimizing the customer journey and experience with DRG/Abacus
- Interfacing with all key buying influencers including department global heads & local affiliates within HEOR/Access/Evidence/brand teams areas
- Self-generating new qualified RFP pipelines that will ensure you hit annual assigned target
- Partnering with specific Abacus senior directors to ensure tailored, fit for purpose proposals & budgets are submitted on time
Education, Experience, and Competencies Required:
- Business or Scientific Degree preferred.
- 5+ years Sales and Key Account management experience.
- Ideally HEOR, Market Access & Evidence sales experience.
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Track record of delivering results and exceeding sales quotas.
- Experience in both territory and strategic account planning.
- Experience in creating custom proposals and creating a customer-centric narrative
- Excellent organizational, time management, presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritise within a fast-paced environment.
- Clear thinker with proven ability to synthesise complex issues into simple messages.
- Ability to travel within Europe with weekly/bi-weekly frequency (TBC due to COVID19)
- Team player, experience of working with cross-functional and international teams.
Competitive remuneration and commission plan in line with experience.