The Pinsonault Managed Markets Summit Provides High-Value Content for those interested in the Managed Care Industry
August 15, 2012—Mt. Olive, NJ—
Specialty pharmacy takes center stage when leading experts in the pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers' industries gather in Las Vegas, September 19-21 to discuss the current changes and trends developing in our healthcare system that directly influence the specialty arena. Specialty pharmacy, which develops and markets high-priced medications and treatments used to manage diseases, is gaining more attention as providers and insurers look to streamline delivery and reimbursement policies around these prescribed therapies.
“The specialty drug trend and healthcare reform are pushing the industry to evolve,” said Kevin Cast, Vice President of Strategy and Contracting for United BioSource Corporation. “Now more than ever manufacturers need a fresh approach to commercialization, access, adherence, reimbursement and safety.”
This newly expanded focus-area at the September Managed Markets Summit will feature more than a dozen distinguished faculty members from major corporations discussing the challenges and trends of selling specialty products in an evolving healthcare marketplace.
Summit presenters include:
- Kirby Eng, RPh, Director, Medical Benefit Drug Management, CVS Caremark Corporation "Managing the Oncolytic Space"
- Christine Strahl, Pharm.D., MBA, BCPS, Specialty Pharmacy Program Manager, HealthPartners, Inc. "Management of New Drugs on the Medical Benefit"
- Mark Montgomery, Chief Executive Officer & President, Axium Healthcare Pharmacy, Inc. "Biotech and Specialty Pharmacy Contracting"
- Julie Thomas, Director, Pharma/Biotech Sales, Exactus Pharmacy Solutions (WellCare) "Competing With Products Across Medical and Pharmacy Benefits: What You Should Know"
Additional conference topics include:
- The shifting paradigms in specialty drug management
- How new technologies may affect payers and specialty pharmacy providers
- Payer strategies for managing specialty medications
- What healthcare reform means in today’s specialty environment
The Pinsonault Managed Markets Summit takes place at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, September 19-21, 2012. The cost is $2,595 per person with discounts available to groups of five or more. For more information, go to www.ManagedMarketsSummit.com
Pinsonault, a division of Decision Resources Group, is dedicated to and focused on delivering high quality, Managed Markets specific, business and training solutions within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. The organization strives to create customer specific solutions that provide valuable strategic insight and results oriented tactical tools enabling clients to identify and capitalize on Managed Markets business opportunities. For more information, visit Pinsonault.com.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. For more information, visit www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
Return to Press Releases